Friday, October 23, 2009

Debi Downer

Maybe Morgan has an incredible memory and remembers the last time we went to a pumpkin patch. Maybe Morgan is a lot like me and likes festive things to be really festive. Or maybe Morgan is a Debi Downer.

We went on a field trip with Claire's school to a pumpkin patch nearby. If you are comparing it to any of the pumpkin patches from Pittsburgh, it was lame-o, small, underwhelming, boring, and did I mention lame-o? But that's just me. Claire enjoyed it. Most of the kids enjoyed it. Morgan. . . well. Let's let the pictures do the talking:

{Here is Claire and her big feet, pleased to be posing next to a giant pumpkin face}


{Now here is Morgan. This isn't a random pictures. This is her, with me begging her to look up. She refuses and continues for several minutes to look down dejected}


{Hayride. . . still no smiles from the Morgsters}


{Here are some of the girls in Claire's class, looking so happy. Notice Morgan, though. Still no smile. She is probably looking at the rock, thinking, "This rock is having more fun than I am."}


{But can you blame her? Look at this thing. This was the only activity, beside the hayride, for the kids to do. It was a dirt hill, with a couple of 5 ft slides on it. Major lame-o!}


{And this is how Morgan felt about it. She stood that way, making that exact face for about five minutes}

14 comments:

tharker said...

You just made me spit grape juice, I'm laughing so hard!

Those slides are possibly the lamest impersonation of a slide that I've ever seen.

And Morgan's face in the last picture...hilarious!

Jana said...

Poor Morgan. At least Claire knows how to have a good time no matter what she's doing. And I love how tall she is next to the other girls. Sh could have totally taken any of those kids on at that public school!!! :)

Jessica said...

i can't get over how big claire's feet are. seriously, what size are those tennies?

Brooklet said...

So the tennies that she has on are size 13, even though she wears 12 1/2- I just want them to last through the winter. And this is an issue I have with skinny jeans, they make peoples feet look colossal.

tharker said...

Sorry to comment again, but I just had to come back and see Morgan's expression again ;) This post reminds me so much of Claire from a post of Christmas past.

http://brojonelson.blogspot.com/2006/12/beware-christmas-tree-diva.html

Possibly one of my favorite pictures of Claire ever!

I just love your girls Brooke!

Gina said...

Ok...I RARELY laugh out loud when I am by myself. I don't know why, I just don't. However, that last picture and picturing Morgan like that for 5 minutes cracked me up. I can't stop giggling about it and I have no one to share it with. We went to a fall festival type of this today too. NO comparisson to Pitt! Not even close!

JoDell said...

That's hilarious! Morgan's face is priceless in that last picture. Very funny. I do have to agree that those slides are pretty sad. At least Claire had a good time! And seriously, I'm still laughing about Morgan.

Brooklet said...

tiffani, I actually had the same thought and I thought about making a comparison in my posts about the two pics, because the other post was about being underwhelmed at a festive event that wasn't quite so festive. I am glad you remembered it too.

Wendi said...

The yellow "slide" reminds me of a giant hot dog bun. I don't think Claire's feet are THAT big... Shannon's are the same size, and she has another friend with the same size... regardless, we can definitely blame it on the skinny jeans.

Rachel said...

lol. that is awesome. I know that feeling, she's just not that into it. and it is bugging her that the rest of the kids are being so fake about it all. pretending like it's fun :)

on the subject of shoes.. Luke is in an 11.5 he's not even 3 1/2 yet. He is several sizes bigger than his older cousins.

Shells said...

Too funny. I love Morgan's expressions. Is she always like that or just when she is disappointed?

I'm guessing Claire is going to be one tall chica.

Shells said...

OK, I just looked back at your Christmas Tree Diva post and died with laughter at the comments. I miss those days when we would have such "deep" conversation in the comment sections, for all the world to see -- you know, back when blogging was new and we would ALWAYS bug each other for new posts.

Debi said...

I am the only one here who is questioning why you are calling it "Debi Downer".......AM I MISSING SOMETHING?! Do I come across as a depressed person? or am I a downer to hang out with? You have some explaining to do!!!!!

Laurie said...

She's not a Debi Downer, what a lame-o excuse for an outing!! And seriously, those slides are the biggest disappointment of all. Come to Utah, Morgan, we will find you the best pumpkin patch around!