Saturday, July 28, 2007

40 Things You Probably Don't Care About

I may have done this before- it seems vaguely familiar. But since I have been tagged and since I don't have any other inspiration to write a post, I willing acquiesce to Michelle's request.

4 jobs I've had: Employment Counselor, High School teacher, Service Desk Attendant (I like to refer to myself as a professional gift wrapper), and Demolition crew member (at the BYU library).

4 movies I can watch over and over: You've Got Mail, Emma, Pride and Prejudice (definitely the A&E version), and Sweet Home Alabama. (I have a shocking lack of variety when it comes to movies, apparently)

4 favorite movies: Clue (always and forever), You've Got Mail, P&P, and. . . hmmmmm, I'd have to say. . . . Ocean's Eleven. . . I think. How is that for decisive?

4 places I've lived: I have this image of myself as a fearless, experience traveller, who has seen different parts of the world and experienced so much more that I actually have. For instance, writing this list of places where I have lived, I don't even have four different cities to put. And to make it more obnoxious and seemingly silly is that they all start with a P. There is nothing like alliteration to make your world travels seem somewhat juvenile: Pasco, WA; Provo, UT; and Pittsburgh, PA. Say that three times fast.

4 favorite TV shows: The Office, 30 Rock, and the occasional Dateline or 48 hours mystery. Other than that TV makes me want to pull my hair out.

4 favorite reality TV shows: The only one I like is So You Think You Can Dance- and boy do I love it!!!! Its the only show I currently watch and it is one of the highlights of my week. Was anyone else surprised to find out that Wade isn't gay? Oh, and my favorite dancer is Sebra.

4 of my favorite places I've been: The Oregon Coast, Gettysburg, NYC, Provo Canyon (such great memories)

4 favorite foods: Real buttermilk pancakes, cinnamon rolls, fresh Red Vine licorice, and steak

4 websites I check daily: Blogs, every one's blogs, which is more than 4. I also check MSNBC everyday. I like to check out the entertainment gossip, he, he!

4 favorite hobbies: Gardening, Reading, Badminton, and Card Making

4 friends I'd like to tag: Carrie, Jana, Jess, and Amy

12 comments:

Jana said...

What does it mean to tag someone? Am I the Jana you were talking about? Someone else did the same thing to me. Do I do what you did now? And your blog looks soooo good. I love what you did. Mine is seriously lacking. I am lol at badmitten. Still lol!!! :)

Brooklet said...

Jana, you crack me up- YOU are the Jana I am talking about! To tag means that now you are unfortunately obligated to create a post with your own answers. Ahh, don't you love blogging. . .

Heather said...

I love the new look and I'm dying that you have lived in three different "P-town".

Liz said...

How's your latest book? It looks like a war time novel. What's it about? I'm interested. Always looking for a good book. :)

Brooklet said...

The Killer Angels is about the battle of Gettysburg-its a very accurate historical account. So far it has been good, which is saying a lot for me since war movies and books are not my thing, but so far it is a good eye opener. Its a pulitzer prize winner.

Jana said...

Still LOL!!!!!

Amy said...

Brooke, how do you make your blog so fancy?
-Amy

Monica said...

It's amazing how similar my list would be to yours and shells. I didn't realize you were into card making. Interesting. And I never thought Wade was gay. My favorite dancer, by far, is Sarah. Partly because she is the underdog and has had no training, but I really enjoy watching her. I also really like Neil.

Brooklet said...

Amy, I went to shabbytulips.blogspot.com where she has made templates you can download real easy. She also included instructions for if you wanted to design your own, which I did. Its all on her website.

Monica, I have always had a minor interest in cardmaking- I love making bbyshower invites, etc. I would really like to get into it, but I am afraid of how vast and expensive it is.

And interesting that Sarah is your favorite dancer- I am always impressed with her because she doesn't have formal training and she does amazing. But just not as good as Sebra. I really like Neil, also- can't stand danny or dominic. I think this year the winner is going to be a girl!!

PRP said...

I totally admire your book list...I might start one of my own to kick start me reading something other than People.com....

How did you do the letters in your header? I've tried downloading fonts to Photobucket but it doesn't seem to work since their not pictures....I'm confused.

Teach me, old wise one.

PRP said...

Do you like that THEIR in there? AWESOME!!!!

I meant they're....I'm not a total idiot, really.

Brooklet said...

The letters were part of the paper package I downloaded from Shabby princess- and made my header in Microsoft Word, and then downloaded the completed header to photobucket, and plugged it in my template. Hope that helps.